Part 2: Pay AT&T less" later: Disable text messaging plan

Beautiful Life


I planned to unsubscribe from the monthly text messaging plan, although it is only $5 for 200 monthly text messages.  I have been using TextFree app for the last 6 months; the service is very reliable and free. To be on the safe side, I even want to block my phone from receiving spam text messages.  That requires a call to AT&T customer care: 1-800-331-0500 M-F 7am-5pm (see AT&T phone numbers for details), as http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/ does not offer us to make changes online regarding that feature.  (I paid for my Dad's mobile phone service, so requested to block his data plan and text messaging plan also.  He is only interested in making phone calls.)

Administrative text messages from AT&T will still come through for free. And that is all I need to receive.

The follow confirmation email was received.


No comments:

Post a Comment