Save on airline carrier surcharge - Eva Airline Phone Reservation is $100 cheaper

Personal Finance >>

This week I started to plan summer and spring vacations, and redeem or book international airline tickets for my parents and ourselves to visit distant relatives.  It seems that there are more people who would redeem Asia miles for airline tickets these days.  Most tickets available for redeem are already booked one-year ahead.   Finally I redeemed 60,000 Asia miles points for one Cathay Economy ticket round-trip between San Francisco and Hong Kong for 2014.  The surcharge was a whopping $300.

The benefit is that we saved $900 for the ticket itself.  I actually made the booking on the phone and there was no discount.


Regarding Eva Airline, we have a different story.

We plan to visit Taiwan in the coming October, but could not find any flights on those dates we want available for points redeem.  If I booked the ticket online,  there would be a $300 tax also.


So we placed an international call via our home IP phone to Eva Airline office in Taiwan to help us to find an available flight for redeem.  The total call lasted about 20 mins. The courteous agent helped us to locate one available round-trip Taiwan-San Francisco ticket.  We used 100,000 Eva Air miles to redeem.  (Eva Airline requires 100,000 Eva miles to redeem an Eva Air ticket versus Cathay requires 60,000 Asia miles)

I was surprised when informed the fee is $200 instead of $300 (TWD 6296). (1 US dollar = 30 TW dollar)


Call Eva Airline office to purchase or redeem ticket, because the surcharge is $100 cheaper.

Previous post ---> Credit Score Improved to over 740 after multiple Hilton cards approved

1 comment:

  1. I’m not certain the things I could possibly have tried in the absence of those aspects shared by you about this area. Entirely was a real difficult concern in my circumstances, but taking note of a professional manner you managed it took me to cry with fulfillment. I am happy for your support and then have high hopes you find out what a great job your are doing training people using your web page. Most likely you’ve never met any of us.

    Cheap Flight Tickets

    ReplyDelete