How to Remove MyPCbackup Pop up? Win32/Adware.MultiPlug

My Windows laptop was infected again.  I believe it was infected during the installation of some free softwares for converting PDF file to Word DOC file.  The extra ads at the top of Yahoo home page alerted me about the infection.  The virus is similar to the FastSaveApp mentioned in Microsoft Malware Center.  Trendmicro's free computer scan HouseCall could not completely remove MyPCbackup.com Popup ads; it removed one trojan virus.  There were others because the extra ads still showed up.


Like last time, I tried free ESET Online Scanner.   I hesitated to use ESET right away because the scanning would last more than one hour.  I was able to continue working on my  laptop during virus scanning.






The virus removal process was simple yet a painstakingly long process.

No comments:

Post a Comment