Amazon Prime Big Deal Days 2024 - Apple iPad WiFi vs Costco Online Deals

I have been a fan of Amazon, Costco and HomeDepot.  They have their pros and cons

  • Reliable Delivery (Amazon - 30 days, Costco - 90+ days, HomeDepot - 90 days)
  • Easy Refund (Amazon - UPS, Wholefood, Costco - in-store, HomeDepot - in-store)
Prices are competitive among three of them.  But there are exclusive items sold only at Costco and HomeDepot which make it difficult to compare.

Finally, Amazon Prime Deal Days is here.  Immediately I compared with Costco and ordered two iPad 9th generation Wi-Fi only, to be picked up in Costco store.

Originally I was planning to purchase two Chromebooks during the Amazon Prime Deals Day for my two kids without spending a fortune.  Considering this $199.99 after $120 discount, ease of iOS software upgrade and myriad of iOS iPad apps available to be download for kids education, iPad 9th generation is the winner.



Amazon



Costco in-store pick-up is my final pick, because Costco has a 60-days electronics return policy, 30 more days than Amazon's.  I would make a trip to Costco to pick up these two expensive items, than delivery to my home address.  If ordered via Amazon, Wholefood in-store pickup would be the choice of shipping for expensive items.

Many items on Amazon Prime Days are on sale.  My buying strategy is:
  • purchase the item if the items are easily return-able to Wholefood/UPS store of your choice, non-bulky, non-expensive, 
  • or, purchase the item if you can make up your mind within 14 days to keep it or not
  • or do NOT buy the item if you do not need the item.
I am going to continue bargain-hunting at Amazon.  Have you been waiting like me?

Next gift is iPad 9th generation case $9.99 where you can select different case color.

No comments:

Post a Comment