US Airways Card 50% Bonus Miles Promotion Up to 10,000 Miles

Early this week, I enrolled my Barclay account in a targeted promotion to receive 50% bonus miles for spending between March 1, 2015 and June 30, 2015, up to 10,000 US Airways miles via the following URL,




I can potentially see that my Barclay account will be awarded 14,500 US Airways miles by late May 2015 for the 3 months period,  useful to our planned Europe travel next. (As of 2/27/2015, SFO-Paris round-trip requires 60K AA miles for coach-class flight, 100K for Business-class flight, and 130K for First-class flight.)


8th reason to apply
  • No card fee for additional authorized user card (Isa and I will be sharing my credit limit of my Barclay US Airways Premier card account)
Isa just cancelled her Chase Sapphire Preferred card to avoid paying the $95 annual membership fee.  (As permitted by Chase for transferring points between spouse, I successfully transferred her Chase Ultimate Reward points to my Chase Ultimate Reward point account.)  I have ordered an additional authorized card for her.  


Dear Patrick Wong :

Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard.  We can certainly address your inquiry regarding the foreign transaction fee on your account.

We are pleased to inform you that this account will not be assessed any foreign transaction fee when making purchases outside of the United States or any business located outside the United States. We hope you find this information helpful.

If you have any other questions and concerns, please reply to this message. 

Sincerely,

Customer Care




9th reason to apply
  • Boosts up the credit score of the authorized card user when primary card user has better FICO score.  (Note: the primary card holder is financially responsible for all the expenses)
During the mortgage refinance two months ago, I learned that Isa's FICO score was around 710, below the 740 threshold required by our mortgage lender for premier mortgage rate.  It proves that her higher income does not translate directly to higher FICO score (my salary is lower than hers, but my FICO score is 780).



Update: March 2, 2015



The new Barclay AAdvantage Aviator MasterCard will replace US Airways Premier MasterCard.  This card is better than the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card because it has all major benefits of Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select card plus no foreign transaction fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment